Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bye, bye diaper rash and dry skin


I've had some folks ask me for my top 'must have' baby items, and Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment is right up there. Ok, I'm going to get excited about stuff that I put on my child's bottom, but there's so much to like about this product in comparison to other diaper rash creams or 'butt pastes' that I've tried on her little derrierre:
  • Saw marked improvement in diaper rash within 24 hours
  • It's easy to remove from places you don't want it to be on (like your child's clothes, your hands). Other products have been as hard to get off as meconium, IMHO.
  • The smell. There is none. Some other creams say they have a 'pleasant smell.' Right. I'd rather have unadulterated sweet baby smell, thank you very much.
  • Consistency -- It's more like a thick gel rather than a paste. Most of the pastes/creams I used at the beginning separated into a gunk and an oily ooze which squirted out on me. Eww.
  • You can use Aquaphor for dry skin all over baby's body.
  • It makes your hands nice and soft too. Also great for dry lips. I've used it as a clear gloss.

Aquaphor also comes in a tube, which is much easier to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment