Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

2 hour vacation

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth.  Lately, I've felt like it, though.  I've had a lot on my plate lately with learning to coupon to save tons of money on my grocery bill (more on that in an upcoming post), preparing to move and lots of other life stuff that I won't bore you with.  It's been really easy to feel under the pile.  The state of my desk lately has been a visual representation of that feeling.  ha.

Even when things are rolling along smoothly, (remind me, when does that happen??) one of my favorite times of the week is the 2 hours on Saturday morning where my husband plays with li'l girlie and I go to my yoga class.  Not just any yoga class, mind you, but a small community class (read:  affordable) that's held outside in a gazebo in a lovely wooded area.  The combination of being outside, having time to myself and doing strengthening and stretching that is both relaxing and challenging refreshes me mind, body and spirit.  As my breath and movements are focused, it's a time where I can let my mind dwell on the beauty of creation around me and be thankful for what God is doing in my life, even if that has been tough as of late. 

While yoga itself may not be your cup of tea, I bet there's something else --a bath, a trip to a coffee shop by yourself, etc.  -- that would recharge you and help you keep your sanity in the hectic pace of life.  Take a couple of hours (or as much time as you can spare) to do to take a little 'vacation' to refresh your spirit, even when it doesn't feel like you have time.   Do you have time to burn out and crash?  I don't either, and I'd rather take the enjoyable time away to prevent that. 

Plus, it's great to see the smile of your child when you return with renewed energy and joy in your life.  Li'l girlie's face when I come home from yoga is a picture of wide-eyed sunshine as she snuggles up to me in greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment