Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Coupons - this girl's new best friend


Blue Coupons
Originally uploaded by kyz
Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be searching the internet for coupons and actually like it. There are several reasons for this newfound passion -- other than me being off my rocker -- but that's another topic for another time. ;)

This started with the fact that I've been looking for something to help bring in some money that I could do from home. On facebook, my friend K often posted about the great deals she'd been finding and how much money she'd been saving by couponing. Not just $10 per grocery trip, but around 40% or more of her grocery budget. Plus, she was getting some items for FREE. I dig free.

After an evening's tutorial from K, I got the gist of what was involved in saving all this $$$, and it's become a motivating challenge to see how much I can save each month and how cheaply I can get stuff that I'd normally use. It's the thrill of the deal.

On top of that, I've figured out that so far, as I total up how much less money I've spent by using coupons and sales together and stocking up on items when they're dirt cheap that I'm saving around $50 for every hour I've spent on couponing. Much better than most part-time super-flexible jobs than could be done around a toddler's nap schedule. The amount of time I spend is really doable for me too.

I'll tell more about my adventures in couponing and share what I've found to be helpful. Would love to help you save the big bucks too. For now, I'm off. It's pizza night in my house and I'm starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment