Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween to those who are celebrating. 

We're not big Halloween celebrators, at least at this point, due mostly to two factors:
  1. My husband never really liked dressing up and celebrating Halloween.  
  2. Li'l girlie's not that into dress-up either.  
She was hesitant to wear this cute shirt that a friend gave to us, but once she put it on, she was fine.  I personally come from the other end of the Halloween spectrum.  My mom made us costumes each year that went straight into our costume play box afterwards.  The costumes Mom made us ROCKED, so we often had our friends over to dress up like mice, Peter Pan, cats, clowns, donkeys, reindeer, hula girls, elephants and even a watermelon.  (That was one my grandma made.  Long story.)  We all had hours of fun making up all sorts of stories to go along with our costumes.

While I'm not into the dark, spookier parts of Halloween, I enjoy a good dress-up and go-get-candy outing.  Maybe next year.

Are you celebrating Halloween this year?  If so, what are you doing for it?  If not, what are you doing instead, if anything?



No comments:

Post a Comment