Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

A green tip for moms that saves money too

When it comes to helping save the environment, I try to do what I can. It's something I believe in, but definitely have the potential to grow in how good a steward I am of the earth's resources. I recycle a lot and am and trying to buy more earth-conscious products.

In my former position at a real estate office taking photos of homes to make virtual home tours, my camera went through AA batteries like a newborn goes through diapers. It was such a hassle to keep buying 'regular' alkaline batteries (not to mention hazardous for the environment), so I bought a charger and several sets of rechargeable batteries to always have a fresh set on hand.

Did you know that the average American family goes through 32 batteries per year? I think that would probably be higher for those of us with kids whose toys suck up loads of batteries. Had I not already had the charger and a couple sets of NiMH rechargeable batteries and seen how much I used them, I would have really wondered if I could save money over 'regular' batteries. So actually, I did a little research and figured out that you can recoup the cost more quickly than I would have thought. I actually made a website about the environmental-friendliness of rechargeable batteries and their cost effectiveness.

Another step towards going green!

Recycle Reuse


Recycle Reuse

Masterprint


Buy at AllPosters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment